Curious Volunteer

I wasn’t always like this. In fact only last week I was a nerdy, virgin of a grad student. Though that does seem like a lifetime ago. I wasn’t unattractive by any stretch of the imagination, I just wasn’t interested in anything girly at all. I didn’t care too much for boys or makeup or any of the superficial stuff. All I cared about was science really, it just spoke to my natural curiosity about everything. 
That is why I signed up for the personality swapping experiments going on at the university. I was just curious, curious to find out what they were trying, curious to find out how they were attempting it and more than anything curious about what it would feel like to think in a completely different way.
On the day of the trial I went along and filled out all the forms and underwent the mandatory personality evaluation. Then they asked me what kind of person I wanted to swap with. I told them I didn’t care, I just wanted to know what it felt like to have a completely different personality. Then asked if i could get a personality as different to my own as possible, I figured it would be the best way to test the theory.
The next day I came back for the transfer, they told me I was the first up because of my eagerness and willing to undergo the most dramatic switch. As excited as I was they refused to let me know what I was getting in the swap, just that it would be an eye opening experience. 
They led me in and sat me down under what looked like one of those weird hood hair dryers, at this point it seemed like a wind up. It just seemed so corny. The scientists left the room, to see to my swapping partner in the next room. They told me to wait patiently and when they returned the swap would be done. I waited for what seemed like hours for them to return. But when they did I didn’t feel too different. Telling me to go home and sleep, I was handed a substantial cheque for my services and told to report back in 2 weeks time.
Waking up in the morning is when I noticed the difference. I woke up and immediately went to the bathroom showering and spending much more time than usual on hair and makeup. It wasn’t until I felt disgust at all the cheap brands of products and clothes I had that I got the feeling something was different. Everything just felt natural to me
I immediately blew of my studies in favour of replacing my entire wardrobe and beauty supplies. It took all day to get me looking perfect, but I was the hottest girl I had ever seen. Then I went out in search of a nice rich man to help me keep up with the life of luxury that I now craved.
I never did go back for the check up, I had already flown to Hawaii with my new billionaire boyfriend. It didn’t take long to settle into this new life.

Comments

Popular Posts