Selfless wish...

She just stood there staring at me. I wasn’t quite sure what she wanted now and I didn’t dare ask. I just stood there in shock looking at my childhood best friend Emma. After she had made her wish with the ring, things had changed so quickly, and now there she stood. No longer the chubby redhead from next door that I had grown up with and whose caring smile I had come to love. But now a tall elegant blonde whose expression screamed contempt.
After her wish to become the most beautiful girl in our town, I was desperate to get her to like me, I was smitten and I didn’t think friendship was enough to get a girl that beautiful. I thought she would be grateful when I made my wish that she could have had a childhood away from her poor and abusive parents. It was a stupid idea really, it seemed as if the ring had completely rewritten reality so Emma had always been the beautiful daughter of rich, loving parents. It didn’t take much to realise that this had caused her to become somewhat spoiled. Rich, beautiful people always seem to turn out that way, I really should have known better.
I had hoped she would be grateful and love me for everything I did for her, but all I got was a beating from her new boyfriend, while she stood laughing. 

Comments

Popular Posts